.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Alot About Little
It is 2:30 in the afternoon. In the last 4 1/2 hours I have had 3 different people tell me/ ask me if I knew I had "dirt" on my forehead.


I am so going to get a shirt for next year that says "It's Ash Wednesday".

_________________________________________________________________

Last night the girl and I stopped at the drug store on the way home to get a gallon of milk and a piece of poster board she needed for school today. The lady in front of us in line was a very, very, very large person. She was pulling an oxygen tank behind her and buying a pack of cigarettes. She paid with all dimes. 10 cents at a time she counted it all out. (I'm thinking if you need oxygen and robbed your piggy bank to support your habit its time to stop). Then, she dropped a dime and penny on the ground.

Me: K, why don't you pick those up for her. ( I will give the woman the benefit of the doubt that she didn't hear me)

Woman: HEY! THOSE ARE MINE! (Yes, she was yelling)

Me: I asked her to pick them up for you, she wasn't going to keep them.

Woman: GIVE THEM TO ME! (Still yelling)

Me: (Absolutely stunned beyond belief at this point), K, put them back (on the ground)

Woman: Hey wait! I can't bend over and pick them up.

Me: I guess you should have thought of that before. She was only trying to be helpful.

Woman: I didn't know, I thought she was trying to steal from me.

Me: Thinking, WTF? 11 cents, call the cops, quick!

K: (Stuttering in a small voice) "I am sorry"

Me: Oh no sweetie, you have no reason to be sorry. You did nothing wrong. Thank you for trying to help.

We then proceded to check out, as the woman was still standing there guarding her life savings laying on the floor.

As we walked out I heard her ask the clerk if he would pick the money up for her.

I hope more than anything he told her "No".

________________________________________________________________

We leave Sunday, before the sun comes up to a very tropical destination, for a week long business trip. We received the hotel and resturant information for the resort we are staying at (I will tell you where it was when we get back) last night. In great big letters it said "No opened toed shoes in resturants". Well thanks for the heads up. Who doesn't take sandles and flip flops to a place like this? So, sometime bewteen now and Sunday at 3:30 a.m. I have to find the time to go and find shoes to go with the "casual evening attire" we have wear to be worthy to eat.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG