.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Trying To Do The Right Thing
Our girl plays an after school sport at school. I have to say although it wasn't what she or I really expected, I don't feel I have much room to complain as I didn't volunteer to help with it and it is always easy for us on the side lines to judge.

The coach does definately have his favorites and all the girls know if they are a favorite and if they are not. I believe he is truly in it to win, so those who have played before seem to be higher on his list. My child has never played this sport before and in turn has done a great job warming the bench.

She is less than thrilled and wants to quit. I won't let her. I say she made the commitment, she must follow through with it.

They have a tournament this weekend and she is not happy. There is a rip roarin' sleep over birthday party tomorrow night that I told her she could go to for awhile and then I would come and pick her up so she could get some sleep. (She and J who's party it is have been known to stay up all night long on more than one sleep over). Had they not had a game she would have been able to stay for the entire party.

A few other parents are letting their kids stay over night and I know of at least one other bench warmer who will not be at the tournament at all because her mother thinks its a waste of time.

Its hard for me to make my child understand why it is important (at least to us) that when you make a commitment that you follow through, especially when she sees that her friends parents view things differently than I do. Its a life lesson that sometimes isn't always fun to learn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG