.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Friday, January 05, 2007
Dial A Ride, I Am Not
In early December we starting carpooling. Well I am not sure you call it carpooling, as I am the only one who picks up and drives. In early December we started picking up Annie who goes to the same school as our girl.

Annie's parents just went through a divorce and mom moved farther away from school and needed help getting Annie to school on the days she was with her and not with her dad. So, Annie's mom went through the school address book to find someone who lived close to where she was moving. Dang my luck, we are about 5 mins away from them. She called and talked to the hubs one night (any other time I can't get him to answer the phone wouldn't ya know) explained the situation and he told her I would call her back.

When I first agreed to this, with much hesitation, the deal was she would drop Annie off at our house by 7:00 and we would be on our way. Well before the first time I picked her up she changed her mind and wanted to know if we could meet her in the parking lot across the street from her work (we do go right by here on our way), that way *she* wouldn't have to go out of her way. GAW! I was hesitant to agree to this but decided I could live on the edge and break out of my habitual ways and make 2 extra left hand turns in the morning.

In the 3 weeks before the kids got out for break, there was only one morning that they got to the parking lot before us. So Wednesday when I should have been at work, but decided to play hookie and take my kid to the mall we saw Annie's mom. She asked "Are we on for the morning??" I said "Sure, see you then".

That brings us to Thursday morning. We are supposed to meet at 7:10. At 7:16 my cell phone rang and lets guess who it was. Annie's mom was calling to tell me that they were just leaving their house and would be at least 5 more mins. (My guess would have been closer to 10 with traffic and where they actually live) so if we wanted we could go ahead and she would just take Annie to school. I was a little miffed to say the least. I hung up the phone on her. (It was not the nicest thing to do, but had I stayed on the phone who knows what would have come out of my smart mouth). You didn't know at say 7:00 or even 7:10 when you were supposed to be there that you were running late?

So this morning, I was running around like chicken with my head cut off and yelling at the girl to move it, move it, move it so we wouldn't be late. We were there at 7:10 on the dot. At 7:15 they pulled up. Annie's mom said "Have you been waiting long?". I said "Only since 7:10". She started in with how sorry she was, I said "Save it", helped Annie in the truck and off we went.

Most of the time I am more than willing to help someone out, because you never know when you will need someone to help you. But this? I.just.don't.want.to.do.it.anymore. I can walk the walk, but sometimes I just can't talk the talk. Anyone going Annie's way in the mornings?

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG