.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Wasted Day
I am sitting here at work, wondering why it is I am sitting here. We are a small mom and pop (or pop and pop in our case) shop. Our little square mile-or-so area consists of only businesses that are just like us. Today we should be busier that all get out. The kind of day where you don't even have time to think about eating or going to the bathroom let alone actually getting to do it. Right now it is 2:10 and we have had less than a handful of customers and our total sales are not even near $100.00. Whats the problem? Its THIS!

Because of THIS! and with the crowds they are expecting they have shut down the entire area. I had to beg someone to move a baracade this morning so I could get to work. (I also had to cut through a parking lot, an alley way and drive over one curb to get "close" to the shop). All of the streets are blocked off and if I was someone coming to shop down here I would have turned around and went home and come back another time.

I understand the city wanting to have a big party but Hello what about all us little people who have stores here and are here the other 364 days a year?

On average we should have sales in the $3000. -$5000. range on a day like today. Today I am not sure we will make enough money to pay for lunch.

The only good thing about today? At 3:00 I will be the first in line to get some of this.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG