.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Monday, November 27, 2006
No Kidding
I was just sitting here reading some of my favorite blogs thinking that this is turning out to be a boring day. Next thing I know I hear "Hands on your head". I look (ok, I go) outside and I count 10 police cars and an officer is yelling at a small group of people walking on the sidewalk to "Get into that (my) store". I kid you not. They had their guns drawn! I counted 3 shot guns and several pistols. (I stood in the breezeway watching not quite following directions). They got two men out of a truck and put them in handcuffs. They then surrounded the truck guns fully drawn still and pulled a baby in a car seat out. (I could not make this stuff if I tried, promise!). The baby was screaming like I have never heard a baby scream before. Poor little thing was soooo upset. Next thing we see one of the officers pick the baby up and let one of the men talk to the baby and give him a kiss. WTF?!?!?

As I stood there talking to one of the people from the sidewalk about all different scenarios we could think of they take the handcuffs off of the men???? Next thing I know they are shaking hands with the men and slapping them on the back. Again, WTF?? The guy I was talking to said he wished he was a lawyer at that point. A police officer walked over to tell us what happened. One of the guys owned the truck and at one point it was stolen and the DMV failed to fix it in the system when it was recovered. So, the plate came up as stolen, long story short.

After it was all said and done I thought that was alot of hype for it being nothing. Now that said, I am thankful they were doing their jobs and being safe rather than sorry . Why not try and pull them over and see what happens from there? (The police station is less than a half a block away and I am sure backups could have been there ASAP). I am sure they would have been happy to put their hands on the steering wheel and explained the situation. A little excitement to help pass the afternoon I guess.

The baby was happily toddling around the parking lot when it was all said and done. Can you imagine going home and someone asking you how your day was if you were one of those guys? Or the story to put in the baby book?

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG