.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Why We Don't Go Shopping The Day After
My main reason I don't go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, is I am way to lazy to get out of my nice warm bed. I also don't enjoy pushing my way through the hoards of people. There is not a single thing out there that I think we "need" badly enough to wait in line for hours on end and fight with people to get. I will wait the extra couple of days and just pay a little more.


This year all the grandmas were out of town and we needed a back up to watch the girl since the hubs and I were both working the day after this year. A friend said she would watch her for us, but... (oh that dreaded but) she was getting up early to go shopping. Since we were kinda going up stream without a paddle I told her I would call her when I was leaving the house, find out where it was she shopping and come and drop the girl off to her as to not change her plans.

I called and she was heading to a store by the mall, I said I thought it would take us about the same amount of time to get there so I would call her when I got there and maybe I could just drop the girl off without having to park the truck and fight for a parking place. Ahh! What a great plan! I pulled into the parking lot and was heading to where my friend was standing. That is when it happened. Confirmation to yet again why we don't go shopping on Black Friday. I was waiting patiently to pull foward, apparently another person was out of patience tried to make a left turn down an aisle and side swipped me. I yelled some naughty words and got out of the truck. The other guy jumped out of his truck said doesn't look like any damage! I said I was going to move my truck and then we would look. Yeah, he drove off, or so I thought. (My friend did get his plate number thankfully). I drove up and down a few aisles and didn't see him. By this time my blood pressure was through the roof. As I was pulling out of the parking I saw him.

I rolled down the window and asked him what it was he was doing. I am sure it didn't sound very nice and he tells me "Don't be mad at me". Hello dude. It was your fault who should I be mad at??? I moved my truck to block him in so he would have to talk to me. Turns he cracked my tail light but did quite a bit of damage to his truck. My bumper was a little stronger than the side of his truck. Ouch! I told him I knew the police wouldn't come (private property) but if he would just give me his phone number I would find out how much a new tail light cost and we wouldn't have to go through his insurance (I thought that was very nice on me considering).

A new tail light is $138.00. It is $138.00 if you don't have an in with the car dealership. With the discount we will come away with about $50-$60 in our pocket. I am taking that money and going shopping. I guess its kind of a vicious circle isn't it??

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG