.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Am I or Aren't I?
Yesterday after a day out and about I decided to stop and indulge in a big-o-bucket of pop. I went right over to the fountains of bliss filled my cup up to the brim with ice and tried to add my beloved pepsi. All that came out was soda water. Fine, I will just tell the nice people who work here. There were 3 people working, 2 behind the counter and one manager was standing in the doorway of a office. I stood patiently waiting my turn to let them know and wait for them to replace the syrup. I must have been using my magical powers and rendered myself invisible without remembering it, because none of the 3 of them seemed to notice I was there.

On to plan B.

I not so nicely set my cup down and decided a bottle of water would have to do. As I waited for them to notice me so I could give them my hard earned money in return for a beverage to wet my whistle, the two people behind the counter start bickering. (Lady=60ish, Boy=17ish). Boy comes up to lady and snaps his fingers in her ear and she screams, yes screams at him "I could just kill you". About this time the manager yells across the store "Don't forget, the mystery shoppers are still out and I know they are on the Westside". Boy says to Lady "Did you hear that" Lady says "No", so manager tells them again. The look on her face was priceless.

Lady asks Boy "When?". Boy says "Right now". Lady looks at me with a questioning look... I say "Well I guess you will never know, will you?". She immediately changed her attitude towards me and becomes my new best friend. Then she says to me "Please have mercy on me" (thinking that I am indeed a mystery shopper). I just smiled and again said I am sorry I can't tell you if its me or not, because then it wouldn't be a mystery.

Was it nice of me? Probably not exactly. Will it make them maybe be nicer to the next customer? Maybe not. Did it make me feel better about not getting my pepsi? You betcha.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG