.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Stupid Is As Stupid Does
I am the first to admit that the school the girl goes to isn't in the "best" neighborhood, but sometimes you have to give and take. Anyway, with that said here goes...

Monday morning after school had started I was standing in the parking lot talking to a friend for a few minuets before we went on our way. As we were standing there talking we noticed that a very expensive SUV of another parent off to the side of the parking lot, pointed in the direction that you would exit the lot. I said to friend that it sounded like the SUV was running. She walked over towards the SUV and noticed that not only was it running but the families 3 year old was still inside. I was dumbfounded. The mom was nowhere to be seen. We just stood there looking at each other not knowing what to say. The mom came out, came over and talked to us (It took all I had in me not to say anything) and then went over and jumped in the SUV and drove off. The door wasn't even locked! We could not believe it.

I would not leave my girl in the car now (at 10.5 years old) in a good neighborhood, let alone one that is kinda ghetto...

There was no way that had someone came and jumped in the bling bling SUV and took off that there would have been a darn thing that we could have done about it. Sure, we could have tried to get in our cars and follow them but by then they would have a jump start on us, and my guess is if they were stealing a vehicle- they probably aren't going to be following all the traffic rules.

I guess it goes to show you that we all do things differently and don't all make the same decisions in a given situation. I would hope that if I ever was that stupid kharma would come and bite me in the ass HARD!


2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

That is unbelievable. I feel like a total heel when I leave my kiddo(s) in the (not running) car for 30 seconds when it is in my (unghetto) driveway. It kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it, what other bonehead safety violations she's committing when not in the public eye?

(PS -- We're on your "good reads"? I'm so flattered!!!!)

Blogger Mar said...

You deserve to be on all kinds of peoples good reads list in my opinion!

I am far from the perfect parent, but sometimes I just don't get why people do what they do.

Crazy isn't it.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG