.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
48 hours and Counting....
Its been a long 2 days at the Bug Shack. You see, our Tivo/ Satalite box, she has died. It was a short and unexpected event, had we know we would have called in sick to work for 2 days to watch all the shows we had saved that are now lost. The worse part isn't really the lost shows, I mean I can just stay up until 11:00 pm and watch the Young & The Restless on the Soap Opera channel in the bedroom. Thank Goodness that box (non-tivo) didn't follow suite and take a dump as well. It really isn't so bad (Ha) having the 3 of us cram onto our bed to watch the wimpy 19" tv, except we all then have to agree on The. Same. Show. GULP! The worse part? Other than the fact that the BIG tv in the family room doesn't have an antenea, because then we could at least watch boring local channels.... The worse part is having to watch commercials. Yup. The commercials. I don't know what we ever did before!!!

When I tell our friends what happened they gasp in the air around them and become lightheaded and take a step away. I am sure they are hoping that we aren't contagious because really they can't fathom the thought of it either, having to suffer through commercials.... Our new box is *supposed* to arrive today. The good news is we will be camping this weekend so that means we really don't have time to watch the boob tube tonight anyway and this will help keep me on track to get stuff done. It had better be here come Sunday afternoon when we get home though or I don't know what we will do.

I wonder if this is God's way of getting me back for using a slightly naughty word the other day at church when I dropped Katie off for VBS. I mean if you can't drop the F-Bomb there, where can you? (Kidding)

(Yes, I cuss like a drunken sailor, No, I don't make a habit of doing it at church. I was talking to a friend about something that was really getting to me, and well it just slipped out. If we weren't camping this weekend, I would be the first in line for confession. No, really I would. Great, now I have to go for the F-Bomb and for lying!).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG