.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Monday, March 12, 2007
What Do You Remember?
I called M yesterday to tell her that I had gotten our plane tickets for this summer. She asked me how old Katie was, I said she just turned 11. Then she said you do know we were only a year older that summer....

That summer. It was 1989. It seems like a long time ago. M and E, were 12, I was much older at 14 (Ha!). We spent our usual week at the lake house. It was there that an uncle asked us if we wanted a beer. The only rule was we had to finish it if we wanted it. I think we each had 3 and he cut us off after that.

That summer. It was also the summer we snuck out of g-ma's house and ran the streets of PoDunk. That was back in the day when pop still came in glass bottles. They worked great for spin the bottle.

It is really weird for me to think this way, that I can think back to when I was her age and remember some of the things I was doing. My best girl from college always says I can't wait to tell her the things we used to do. Um, stop the truck right there sister friend, I am so not ready for her to hear "some" of those things yet, and some day you will have kids and turn about is fair play.

I hope that K has some of these same moments, times she can think back to, and remember the things she did as a kid, when she was just a kid herself.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG