.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
A Meeting Of The Minds
Monday started off as a great day. Katie didn't have school and I didn't have to work so we didn't have to get up before the birds (A big shout out to Magoo who felt the need to stand in the backyard and bark for 20 minuets, thanks for letting Mama catch an extra few winks, dumb dog), and could just kind of go at our own pace. We were up and out of the house about 10:30. Our destination? To find some plain old boring denim shorts for the girl that her cute little tooshy wouldn't hang out of.

All was good in the world until I had to nerve to tell her no to something. Right then and there it went to hell in a handbag. We looked at several stores and hit the mall, nothing I suggested was what she wanted. (Had she not been being a boob, she would have loved 95% of it) Fine, but when its 115 out, you might be rethinking the whole shorts situation.

After our lovely pouting episode we ran a few more errands and headed home. It was about 5:00 and she told me she HAD to get on the computer to work on her science project. (Now, she was off Fri, Sat, Sun and now Mon from school). I asked her when it was due. Um, Wednesday. I pretty much lost it right there and screamed and yelled and wanted to know why she waited until the last minute to do things. It was not pretty. She was upset, I was upset, and Hubs was upset that 1) I was yelling at her and 2) she waited until the last minute to do her work. Had this been a regular assignment it would not have been a huge issue but it was a rather large project, worth lots and lots of points. She wanted to know why I always expected her to be perfect (Ouch) and get all the points all of the time. I simply told her because I know that you can do it. We ended up having a pow-wow and working it all out. We came to the conclusion she would not wait until the last minute to do things, and I would try not to get so upset with her. Once again all was good in our little piece of the universe.

Fast foward to yesterday. I reminded her when I dropped her off at school for about the 900th time to make sure she brought home her science folder so we could go over everything one.more.time (you know we have to get all the points all the time). When she got to the shop after school I asked her if she had her folder. That would be a big fat NO! I'll tell you what, she was lucky we were at the shop and that we had customers or she may have been buried in the back lot and never been seen or heard from again. I asked her why. Well, because the teacher was making them hurry and well she didn't have time to get it. When we got in the truck to come home, I told her, in a very calm voice that Hubs would be getting alot of playing time on her Nintendo DS as it was now mine. Of course she burst into tears (told ya she was like me) and tried to argue her point. I wasn't having any bit of it. Then she said I thought we had a deal. I asked her just what the deal was? Well she was going to be more responsible and I was going to try not to yell so much. Well because you need some help remembering to be responsible, the DS is mine until you get your grade on your project and then we will go from there.

I feel bad that I took it away, but I do think it will help her remember her work the next time. (She does have a notebook that she writes her daily homework in and she very well could have slipped another little note in it to remind herself).


4:02 Wednesday afternoon; Katie just got to the shop and I asked her how school was. She said we didn't have science, but I brought my folder home so we could go over my project one more time! Yippee! I don't feel so bad any more and she seems to have learned her lesson.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG