.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Singular or Plural
Yesterday was a great day for me. I mean really its not every day that you forget your kid at school. (I guess I still haven't forgiven myself). It started off almost as great as it ended. We were having some work done at Place of Employment (POE from here on out) and the alarm went off. I went to where they guys were working to asked them if they had bumped something or disconnected a wire etc... They said they hadn't touched anything. I racked my brain and couldn't figure it out. I put my code in the alarm pad and it turned itself off. About 20 mins later the phone rang. It was the alarm monitering company. The first thing they asked was if we needed emergency services. (Well maybe 17 mins ago but after 20 I am thinking we are A-OK, it probably a good thing I just thought this instead of saying it). So then lady on phone asks me what our "Code Word" is, I know you wish you had cool code word too... anyway, I said pickles*. She repeated pickles back to me and then spelled it, I said yes that is correct. She said ok and then I asked if she could tell me why the alarm went off, she put me on hold, came back and said I can't tell you that and proceded to hang up on me. WHAT????

Less than 5 mins later, bossman's cell phone rang. It was the same lady from the monitering company. She must have asked if (insert my name here) I was there because he said yes and handed me the phone. She apologized for hanging up on me and said I am sorry you had the wrong password. I said well what is it? She said it is pickle and you told me pickleS. Ok, my bad I guess.

I told Hubs all about it last night when I got home. He stuck to the facts that indeed I did give her the wrong password and she was doing her job and what if I really was in danger and someone forced the code word out of me. I said well in that case I would have been sure to make up a password that wasn't even close to pickle or pickleS so that they would then know that I needed help. He then asked me what would happen if they (potential bad guys) knew I made up a password. I then said well by then I would hope that the police were on there way (police station is 1/2 block away) and what would it matter because if they really only there to find out my code word, they aren't the kind of bad guys who are going to hurt me anyway.


* No silly internet, pickle or pickleS isn't really my code word. It is much cooler than that. Pickle was the only ever so wonderful example I could think of that sounds really close to the same word with or without that silly "S" on the end.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG