.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Friend or Foe
The girl goes to a school that "asks" that each family do so many volunteer hours per year. (We also like to call them voluntold hours). We were well aware of this going in and we are more than happy to be involved parents. So, I am the "chairperson" for a said commitee at school that involves several other parents. Because it needs so many parents, sometimes it is hard for me to find enough people to fill the job. Sometimes I have to ask someone to help out that really wouldn't be my first choice. But even though they are not my first choice, I just tell myself that they are also there for the kids and they also just want to be involved parents.

So, yesterday morning It. Was. Pouring. Rain. as I was dropping K off at school and my phone rang as we were frantically looking under the seat for an umbrella, it was another parent, who is a good friend, that I had asked several times if she would like to help with "said commitee". Each time I got a flat out NO! Some days even a big Hell No! I answered my phone to her saying "WHY DIDN"T YOU TELL ME So and So was doing this?". Followed by I can't believe you asked her, how could you, etc, etc. I said "Well, after I asked you and you said no, you lost all rights in having a say in who else would be helping me". She went on and on, I tried to politely ask her if I could call her back after I took the girl to her classroom, but again she complained and would not stop. I finally told her look, it is what it is and I am done talking about it. Again, on and on she went. I had enough, told her some not nice words and hung up on her.

Was it nice of me? Probably not. Was it nice of her? I would say definately not. I take pride in this little group I run and work very hard at it. Do I do it for me? Nope. Is it to make friends? Nope. Is it for a pat on the back? Nope. It. Is. For. The. Kids. I thought she felt the same way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG