.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Decisions
A day early in the week I called the Hubs at work and asked him if I made Katie an appointment at the eye doctor on Saturday if he would be able to take her. He said "Sure, No problem". I was quick to tell him, all he had to do was take her to the appointment and then I would take her back one night after work and pick out new glasses if need be.

So, yesterday they called me at work from the mall.

Hubs: Um, do you want to pay the extra $30.00 for the insurance on her glasses?
Me: WHAT?? You helped her pick out new frames?
Hubs: Well, we were just going to look so she could think about what she wanted, then the lady asked if we needed help, and now they will be ready in an hour.
Me: WHAT? You let her pick out new frames?
Hubs: Well she said they are what she wanted.
Me: Are you sure they are what she wants? Did you ask her 642 times to make sure because she is going to have to wear them for a year. Does she know this? Is she sure these are the ones she wants?
Hubs: Yeah I guess.


We try really hard to let her make her own choices (within reason) and teach her that she has to live with the decisions that she makes. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it wasn't that I didn't get to help her pick out her new glasses, it was that she didn't NEED me to help her pick out her new glasses.

My baby, is no longer a baby.

We are off to the mall to pick up the new glasses now. Pictures to follow when we get home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG