.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Friday, May 26, 2006
Proud Mama
Today is the day I have been. waiting. for! The last day of school. Katie doesn't go to the local public school so we have about a 20 min drive everyday. School starts at 7:50, so allowing for traffic and such we usually leave the house about 7:05-7:10. Which means we are up about 5:30. But now? We can SLEEP IN! I don't have to be to work until 10 everyday (I know, I'm spoiled) so now that its summer we can leave the house as late at 9:20, drop her off at the sitter and be to work by 9:59. Which in itself means we can sleep as late as oh 8:45ish. Life is good :).

Highlights from 4th grade:

  • Katie had an awesome teacher
  • Katie had perfect attendance again this year (3 in a row now, WOW!)
  • Katie had an "A" average in all but 2 classes.
  • The 4th grade class volunteered over 100 hours at our local St. Vincent de Paul
  • They also helped raise over $1,300.00 IN PENNIES for the local firestation to give away to needy families at Christmas time.

I am very proud of all of the kids in her class, they are a great group of kids that I hope continue to make all of us proud in the coming year.

Its hard to believe that another school year has come and gone. The kindergarten kids look so little but it seems like just yesterday I was the one wiping the tears from my eyes as I dropped my baby off for the first time. It won't be long before I am dropping her off again and she is running off to catch up with her friends and look to see what class she is going to be in.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG