.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Don't Mess With My Kid...
I will admit, I am very over protective of my child. The way I see it? She is the only one I have and it is my job.

Now, I do think I know when to step in and when to let her fight her own battles. Today though, what she told me sent me through the roof.

A day last week, Katie told another little girl at school she like her folder. D said thank you and told Katie where she got it. Lo and behold, the next day D is missing the folder. She of course accuses Katie of taking it because she had said she liked it. This morning, the folder mysteriously turned up on Katie's desk. When it turned up, Katie had not been in the classroom yet today.

First of all, Katie knows that if she wants something all she has to do is ask and if it is within reason, chances are she will get it. Second of all, she knows that if she ever did something like this, she would be up a creek without a paddle.

This little girl comes from a rather unstable background, and is very starved for attention. Regardless of this, it upsets me that she is accusing my child of something she says she did not do. I am not saying my child is an angel or 100% perfect but I believe her this time. There are too many things in the story that just don't quite add up. As little girls do they have drawn battle lines and brought several friends into the situation. So not only is D calling names and being hurtful so are some others. My first reaction was I can't wait until I get to school tomorrow so I can talk to D.

I asked Katie at dinner tonight if she wanted me to talk to D. She wanted to know what I was going to say, I told her I wasn't sure yet. She told me she wanted to think about it and she would let me know after she got out of the shower.

My gut says talk to the little girl, my brains says stay out of it and let little girls be little girls.

What would you do?

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG