.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Marlee Magoo. Make your own badge here.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Halloween
Guess what I was for Halloween? According to the 10ish year old that came knocking on my door, I was a fucking bitch.

We turned our porch light off at 8:00. Overall we didn't have many trick or treaters and it was time for the girl to start winding down before bed. As I said the porch light was off but the front door was open with just the screen door closed. At about 8:15 I hear Trick or Treat! The girl gets to the front door before I do and there are 3 boys (in the 10 - 12 age group standing there) they see her with the bowl of candy and one says "Just give me all you have left". This is about the time I get there and take the bowl away from the girl. As I open the door one of the boys says "Its about time". I didn't say a word. I simply dropped a single box of nerds in the first pillow case. The owner of the pillow case looks at me and says "Thats a rip off". So I nicely inform the little shit that if he hadn't been rude, he quite possibly could have had the entire bowl of candy. I then procede to give the next pillow case toting turd 3-4 pieces of candy. The first boy then says "I toldyou this was a rip off". At this point I was M.A.D. Mad! I said "Then just go and don't come back". Just as I get my door shut one of the boys turns and yells "Your a fucking bitch". I threw down the bowl of candy and ran out the door. The neighbor across the street came out when he heard the boys yell, that is how loud they were. I watched them run across the street so I walked to the corner and stood with my arms crossed watching them. As they turned away from the house they were at and saw me one started yelling "Run Jeffrey, Run!". They ran about 3-4 houses down and got into a car that was waiting for them.

I stood and watched a few more minutes. The car finally pulled away. I was absolutely livid. I didn't really care about the name calling it was the pure rudeness of it all. No, I don't know all of the neighborhood kids, but I am assuming because they got into the car and drove away someone dropped them off in our neighborhood for who knows what reason. Maybe we have better candy. Maybe their parents thought we have a safer neighborhood. Regardless, the way these kids acted blew my mind.

When I came back in and told Hubs about it he said "Don't worry, they will be in jail in a few years anyway at the rate they are going".

I understand that kids will be kids, and I know that mine is not perfect either, but come on now. It makes you wonder what kind of home life they must have to be like that.

I always tell the girl everything you do is a reflection upon us and shows others what kind of parents we are. I hope that Jeffrey and his friends were just showing off for each other and don't have the kind of parents who would think this was ok.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
footer2.JPG